OPG (Orthopantomogram) test is a wide x-ray view that generates a clear picture of all teeth of the upper and lower jaw of a human. It shows the position, number and growth of all the teeth even those that have not yet erupted. It is also known as Dental Radiographs.
Why is the Orthopantomogram (OPG) TEST done?
* To assess and check the oral health of an individual.
* To diagnose dental issues at an initial stage before it develops into a severe condition.
* It provides broad coverage of both the upper and lower jaw.
* It reveals problems with the jawbone and TMJ joint.
* To assess the wisdom teeth.
* Helps in detecting abnormalities such as cavities, tooth decay, gum diseases and tumours also.
What is the procedure for Orthopantomogram (OPG) X-ray?
* The technologist will ask you to stand still with your face resting on a small shelf.
* You need to bite gently on a sterile mouthpiece to steady your head.
* The X-ray machine will send x-rays into your mouth.
* Teeth, bones and tissues inside the mouth will absorb the x-rays and the images will be taken.
* The x-rays won’t be absorbed by any infected portion and it will be shown as darker portions of the mouth in the film.
How does one prepare for the Orthopantomogram (OPG) Dental Test?
You need to remove all kinds of metal objects that you be wearing, as they can obscure the images.
No special care is required.
The price of an Orthopantomogram (OPG) Dental X-Ray Test in Delhi
The price of an x-ray OPG scan in Delhi varies. It usually ranges from INR 500 to INR 800. Book your opg dental x-ray test at the certified diagnostic centre for quality diagnosis and detection of oral health issue.