Hypercalcemia, or an elevated calcium level in the blood, is relatively frequent. Calcium levels are now frequently tested in blood tests such as annual check-ups. This allows doctors to detect calcium overload early.
Calcium is required for bone growth, bone strength, hormone balance, nerve, muscle, and brain function. The body regulates calcium levels quite carefully, and certain drugs and illnesses can cause elevated calcium levels.
Complications of long-term untreated elevated calcium levels included bone loss and fractures, kidney stones, kidney failure, hypertension, and bradycardia (slowed heart rate). Blood tests for prevention have reduced the incidence of these.
A high calcium level in the blood has numerous causes. Hypercalcemia can be caused by:
• Bone cancer or bone cancer that has spread to the bone.
• Cancers that don't spread to the bones can produce hypercalcemia.
• Other problems include hyperthyroidism and Paget's disease of the bones.
• Medications that cause hypercalcemia include alkaline antacids, DES, diuretics, estrogens, and progesterone.
Symptoms of hypercalcemia include:
• Urination and thirst
• Tiredness, bone pain, and migraines
• Nausea, vomiting, constipation, appetite loss
• Depression, forgetfulness, or irritation
• Aches, cramps, and jerks
You'll have blood extracted from an arm vein.
No preparation is needed.
• Doctor prescription.
• A valid government ID.
No particular type of care is required.
The Hypercalcemia PRO-2 Test cost varies by region and facility. So constantly get tested at trustworthy diagnostic centres like Ganesh Diagnostic. It is staffed by trained and experienced professionals to assure patient and visitor safety.MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||Hypercalcemia PRO-1 Package|
Hypercalcemia PRO-1 Package (Health Package)
Within 24 hours*
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online