Ultrasound scan also known as ultrasonography or sonography or USG test is an imaging tool that utilizes sound waves and a computer to produce images (often known as sonogram) of soft tissues, organs and other structures...
What is an Ultrasound Scan?
Ultrasound scan also known as ultrasonography or sonography or USG test is an imaging tool that utilizes sound waves and a computer to produce images (often known as sonogram) of soft tissues, organs and other structures inside your body. It helps in the identification and evaluation of many diseases/disorders or conditions affecting different parts of your body.
Most ultrasonography/USG scans are done using a handheld transducer which is placed outside your body. However in certain situations, the transducer is kept inside your body to obtain more clear pictures and the ultrasound scan is named according to the body part where the transducer is kept such as:
1) Transrectal ultrasound- Usually done for visualization of prostate gland.
2) Transvaginal ultrasound- Usually done for visualization of Uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes and ovaries.
3) TEE (Transesophageal echocardiography) - It is done for evaluation of heart.
It is a rapid, painless, non-invasive and safe technique that doesn’t utilize ionizing radiations or intravenous/oral contrast agents which are usually used in the other imaging tests such as in X-rays or CT (Computed tomography) scans.
What are the uses/purpose of Ultrasound/USG?
An ultrasound scan or sonography is frequently used for the examination and assessment of internal body organs and structures. Indications of different types of USG/sonography includes:
A) Diagnostic ultrasonography- Used for the identification and diagnosis of diseases or conditions affecting your body organs and associated structures including-
1) Gall bladder diseases such as gall stones, cholecystitis etc.
2) Liver diseases- such as abscess or enlargement
3) Pancreatic diseases
4) Intestinal diseases.
B) Obstetrical ultrasound- It is used to
- Confirm pregnancy
- To monitor growth of developing fetus.
- To screen for genetic disorders such as Down syndrome
- To know the type of gestation such as twin pregnancy
- To evaluate amniotic fluid volume etc.
C) USG is also required to guide procedure such as USG guided biopsy, USG guided drainage.
D) To differentiate solid and cystic lesions.
E) To identify obstructions or compressions of internal body organs and blood vessels.
How do I prepare for Ultrasonography/USG test?
Follow these simple steps if you are going for an Ultrasonography scan-
1) Take an appointment- Fix an appointment in a diagnostic center having the facility of ultrasound scan.
2) Clothing- Dress yourself in comfortable outfits so that your body parts which need to be scanned can be easily assessed.
3) Fasting - Overnight Fasting may be required depending upon the body part which need to be scanned, such as in abdominal and renal scans fasting may be required. Fasting is not required in obstetrics USG.
4) In some scans specially pelvic ultrasound you need to drink water to make your bladder full before the scan.
4) Smoking/Tobacco- Avoid smoking or tobacco chewing before the test as nicotine in these substances may case vasoconstriction which may alter the test results.
5) Reports- Carry your relevant medical and lab reports while going for USG scan. These may aid in better evaluation of your condition.
6) Hygiene- Maintain hygiene and do not apply oils or creams over the area which need to be evaluated.
What is the procedure for USG/ultrasonography?
The procedure for ultrasound may involve the following steps:
1) Before the scan begins you need to remove ornaments and clothes from the body part which is being examined.
2) You will be then asked to lie on the examination table.
3) Your Radiologist will then apply gel/lubricant over the body area which is being evaluated, for the smooth gliding of probe over the body parts. However, the transducer may be kept inside your body in case of TVS USG or Transrectal USG.
5) Then a transducer/probe will be moved over the skin which sends high frequency sound waves to the body parts. These sound waves are reflected back and are recorded by the ultrasound machine and converted into images or graphs. These images will be interpreted by your Radiologist to assess your condition.
6) At the end of scan, tissue paper will be provided to clean the gel/lubricant from the body surface.
7) You will be allowed to leave once the scan is over.
What happens after an Ultrasound/USG test?
1) Ultrasound/USG test usually takes about 15-30 minutes. However, it may lasts longer depending the severity of condition and the associated co-morbid conditions.
2) You will be allowed to leave immediately after the scan.
3) After the procedure got over, your Radiologist will analyze the result and make a diagnosis of your condition.
4) You will get the reports on the same day.
5) These reports will be evaluated by your Health care provider to make a proper management plan for your condition.
6) Ultrasonography is usually a safe procedure with no side effects.
Ultrasound/sonography price in Delhi?
Ultrasound Cost generally varies with city and location. Various diagnostic and imaging centers in the same city charges differently according to the quality of machines they provide and the offers currently availing in them. USG scan charges also vary with the body part which need to be examined and the type of USG scan.
To choose the best diagnostic center for Ultrasonography in Delhi. Click here!
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) is now offering 50% discount on all types of ultrasound/Sonography tests including TVS ultrasound, Obstetrical USG etc.
Charges of various types of Ultrasonography scan pelvis in Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) Delhi are as following:
For more details, Click here!
Which diagnostic center is best for Ultrasound scan in North-East Delhi?
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) is the best diagnostic center for Ultrasound/USG scan in Rohini, North-Delhi.
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center is now considered one of the most popular and affordable Diagnostic centers in Delhi. We provide high standard quality services to our patients. Genuine reporting and Patient satisfaction are our top priority. We offer seamless integration between diagnosis and treatment planning.
We are also having the facility of different types of ultrasound imaging including:
1) Color Doppler
2) Duplex ultrasound
3) TVS ultrasound
4) Obstetrical Ultrasound
5) Transrectal ultrasound
6) Diagnostic Ultrasound such as abdominal scans, Pelvic scans etc.
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) is now offering 50% discount on all types of Ultrasound scan.
To book your appointment now. Click here!
Why choose Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center for ultrasonography scan?
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging Center is a NABH and NABL accredited top diagnostic center situated in ROHINI and various other locations of Delhi. It is equipped with modern, highly expensive machines with latest cutting-edge technologies and highly skilled Radiologists and Pathologists.
Currently, we are offering 50% discount on all types of ultrasound tests.
We are open 24x7 and 365 days. You can also avail free Consultation with our Senior Radiologist, Dr. Ravin Sharma regarding any imaging and scanning test.
We also offer facilities of online reporting, free home sample collection and free Ambulance services in Delhi, NCR. We are also empanelled with various departments and organizations. So you can get the services at panel rate too.
For more details visit your nearest Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) today or Call us now!
Hurry! Grab the best deals now!