Ultrasonography of the head produces images of the brain and the cerebrospinal fluid that flows and is contained within its ventricles, the fluid-filled chambers located in the deep region of the brain. Since ultrasound waves cannot easily travel through bone, this examination is typically conducted on infants whose skulls are not yet fully formed.
Head ultrasound is used to:
• Examine for hydrocephalus, or swelling of the ventricles, which has many causes.
• Find bleeding in the brain or ventricles, intraventricular haemorrhage (IVH).
• Periventricular leukomalacia damages the white matter brain tissue around the ventricles (PVL).
• Examine for congenital disabilities
• To find an infection or tumour.
The sonographer technician will explain.
No preparation is needed. You should wear loose-fitting clothing.
No care is required.
The price of an Ultrasonography (USG) test for a Head in Delhi starts at INR 3000 and varies depending on the diagnostic centre.MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||Ultrasound Head|
Ultrasound Head (Ultrasounds)
Within 3-4 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 3000|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online