Color Doppler or color flow Doppler is a type of ultrasound which uses sound waves which are reflected by moving blood cells.
Color Doppler or color flow Doppler is a type of ultrasound which uses sound waves which are reflected by moving blood cells. These reflected sound waves are converted into different colors by a computer and provide real time speed and direction of blood flow.
It is a painless and non-invasive technique utilized for the assessment and evaluation of blood flow. It is interpreted as follows:
1) Positive Doppler shift- Blood flow which is moving towards the transducer is depicted in Red color.
2) Negative Doppler shift- Blood flow which is moving away from the transducer is depicted in Blue color.
3) High velocity- Lighter shade of each color indicates higher velocities.
4) High turbulence- Areas of high flow turbulence is usually denoted by Green or Yellow colors.
Why do i need a Color Doppler?
Color Doppler is frequently used for analysis of direction and speed of blood flow in a variety of clinical settings including:
1) Peripheral artery disease
2) Venous insufficiency such as in DVT
3) Defective heart valves
4) Congenital heart disease
5) Aneurysms of blood vessels
6) Stenosis of blood vessels
7) Thrombosis or blood clots
8) Defective valves in Veins
9) Arterial occlusion
10) Vascular malformations
11) To check the proper functioning of heart
12) Post-operative monitoring of blood flow
13) Pre-eclampsia in pregnancy
14) Intra-uterine monitoring of fetus
15) In Stroke patients
16) Sickle cell disease
17) Injury to blood vessels.
How do I prepare for Color Doppler Ultrasound?
Follow these simple steps if you are going for a Color Doppler scan
1) Take an appointment- Fix an appointment in a diagnostic center having the facility of Color Doppler ultrasound.
2) Clothing- Dress yourself in comfortable outfits so that your body parts which need to be scanned can be easily assessed.
3) Fasting - Fating may be required depending upon the body part which need to be scanned, such as in abdominal and renal Doppler study fasting may be required. Whereas fasting is not required for leg or upper limb Doppler scan.
4) Smoking/Tobacco - Avoid smoking or tobacco chewing before the test as nicotine in these substances may case vasoconstriction which may alter the test results.
5) Reports- Carry your relevant medical and lab reports while going for Color Doppler scan. These may aid in better evaluation of your condition.
6) Hygiene- Maintain hygiene and do not apply oils or creams over the area which need to be evaluated.
What is the Procedure for Color Doppler?
The procedure for Color Doppler ultrasound may involve the following steps:
1) Before the scan begins you need to remove ornaments and clothes from the body part which is being examined.
2) You will be then asked to lie on the examination table.
3) A technician may measure blood pressure to measure pressure difference in different parts of body.
4) Your Radiologist will then apply gel/lubricant over the body area which is being evaluated, for the smooth gliding of probe over the body parts.
5)Then a transducer/probe will be moved over the skin which sends high frequency sound waves to the body parts. These sound waves are reflected by the moving blood cells such RBCs and are recorded by the ultrasound machine and converted into images or graphs of different colors depicting the direction and speed of blood flow in real time. These images will be interpretated to assess your condition.
6) At the end of scan, tissue paper will be provided to clean the gel/lubricant from the body surface.
7) You will be allowed to leave once the scan is over.
What happens after Color Doppler?
Color Doppler test usually takes about 30-45 minutes. However, it may lasts longer depending the severity of condition and the associated co-morbid conditions. You will be allowed to leave immediately after the scan.
After the procedure got over, your Radiologist will analyze the result and make a diagnosis of your condition. You will get the results on the same day or the next day. These reports will be evaluated by your Health care provider to make a proper management plan for your condition.
What is the price of Color Doppler?
Color Doppler ultrasound price generally vary with city and location. Various diagnostic and imaging centers charges differently according to the quality of services they provide and the offers currently availing in them.
Color Doppler test is an advanced diagnostic tool that is available at limited diagnostic centers as it requires costly and modern equipments to perform the scan. So, if you don’t want your money to be wasted then choose the best diagnostic center.
Colour Doppler sonography charges also vary with the body parts which need to be examined.
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) is now offering 50% discount on all types of Color Doppler ultrasound.
Color Doppler test prices are as follows
Color Doppler Both Lower Limbs
Obstetric Colour Doppler & BPP
Best Diagnostic Centre For Color Doppler Ultrasound?
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) is the best diagnostic center for Color Doppler Ultrasound in Rohini, Delhi.
We are having the facility of different types of Doppler ultrasound including:
- Color Doppler
- Duplex ultrasound
- Power Doppler
- Pulsed wave Doppler
- Spectral Doppler
- Continuous wave Doppler.
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging Center is a NABH and NABL accredited top diagnostic center situated in ROHINI and various other locations of Delhi. It is equipped with modern, highly expensive machines with latest cutting edge technologies and highly skilled Radiologists and Pathologists.
Currently, we are offering 50% discount on all types of Color Doppler ultrasound.
We are open 24*7 and 365 days. You can also get free Consultation with our Senior Radiologist, Dr. Ravin Sharma regarding any imaging and scanning test.
We also offer facilities of online reporting, free home sample collection and free Ambulance services in Delhi, NCR. We are also empanelled with various departments and organizations. So you can get the services at panel rate too.
For more details visit your nearest Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) today.
Hurry! Grab the best deals now!