Book a Throat swab culture test at the best price from GDIC (Ganesh Diagnostic & Imaging Centre). GDIC is one of the leading pathology lab in Delhi offering a wide range of lab tests at an affordable cost.
What is Throat swab culture?
Throat swab culture (Throat culture) is a test that is commonly used to diagnose/determine bacterial infections in the throat. The infections can be strep throat, pneumonia, tonsillitis, whooping cough, meningitis, etc. The main purpose of a throat swab culture is to detect the presence of organisms that could cause infection in the throat.
There are many reasons, doctors recommend for throat culture swabs.
* To find out the presence of organisms inside the throat that could cause the infection.
* To detect the existence of streptococcus bacteria.
* If the patient is suffering from strep throat.
* If the patient shows signs/symptoms such as swelling, redness, and pus in the region of the tonsils.
How can one prepare for Throat swab culture?
Antiseptic, mouthwash should be avoided before this test. You should also Inform the doctor before the examination if you are taking any antibiotics because this could affect the result.
The doctor will guide you if any special preparation is required.
* Doctor/healthcare provider will instruct you to open your mouth and tilt your head back to have a better view of the back of your throat.
* A sterile cotton swab will be rubbed across the back of the throat, tonsils, and sore areas to collect the sample of secretions for a few seconds.
The cost of a Throat swab culture near me in Delhi ranges from INR 700 to INR 1200.MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||Throat Swab Culture|
Throat Swab Culture (Pathology Tests)
Within 3-4 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 800|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online