A thallium stress test is a nuclear imaging scan that shows how well blood flows into your heart during exercise or at rest. This test is also known as stress thallium/ cardiac stress test/ nuclear stress test. It shows the size of your heart chambers, how effectively the heart pumps, how well your coronary arteries supply your heart with blood if heart muscle is damaged or scarred from previous heart attacks
Why is a Thallium stress test performed?
* To evaluate the flow pattern of blood to the heart muscles under stress or during exercise.
* To detect/diagnose the structural anomalies of the blood vessels
* To identify the root cause of unexplained or recurring chest pain
* To detect the efficacy of the medications used for the treatment of heart-related problems.
* If you face difficulty in breathing during exercise, chest pain, a previous heart attack etc.
How is a Thallium stress test performed?
For Thallium Stress test radioactive material thallium and a special camera is used to scan the heart’s activity. The scan shows the size of heart chambers, heart pumping activity and structure of heart muscle. The test is inclusive of both exercise and rest.
How one can prepare for a Thallium stress test?
No preparation is required for the scan
Cost of the Thallium stress test in Delhi
The cost of a Thallium Stress test near me in Delhi ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 12,000.
MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||Stress Thallium Test|
Stress Thallium Test (Nuclear Medicine)
Within 4-6 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 10500|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online