What is the HSV (Herpes Simplex Virus) 1 & 2, IgG Test?
HSV 1 and 2 IgG tests confirm the diagnosis of a highly contagious Herpes disease caused by HSV. In general, HSV-1 causes oral herpes, which can cause cold sores and blisters near the mouth or on the face that can be spread through oral contact. While HSV-2 causes genital herpes, which is caused by sores in the genital area that can be spread through sexual contact, HSV-1 causes oral herpes.
There is a virus called herpes simplex that causes herpes. This virus is very common (HSV). HSV are of two types: HSV-1 and HSV-2. A sample from a blister, fluid, or sore collected from your body is tested for the herpes simplex virus to discover if the virus is present. This is done to diagnose an acute herpes infection or to look for herpes antibodies in the blood to see if you have been exposed to herpes in the past.
Some other symptoms are fever, sore throat, headache, and tingling in the area where the HSV 1 and 2 infection is present.
This test is also recommended in cases of encephalitis where the virus is thought to be the cause.
The IgG test for the Herpes Simplex Virus 1 and 2 is done:
• As soon as there are signs of the herpes virus in your body, like blisters on your genitals, it would be best to go -to the doctor to get checked out.
• There is a chance that a virus may have infected the brain.
• A pregnant woman with herpes should be tested for the virus.
• Before screening for the herpes simplex virus, make sure you haven't had it before.
• People who have another sexually transmitted disease and are at risk of getting herpes should talk to their doctor.
You'll have blood extracted from an arm vein.
No preparation is needed.
• Doctor prescription.
• A valid government ID.
No particular type of care is required.
The Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2 IgG Test cost varies by region and facility. So constantly get tested at trustworthy diagnostic centers like Ganesh Diagnostic. It is staffed by trained and experienced professionals to assure patient and visitor safety.MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) IgG|
Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) IgG Test (Pathology Tests)
Within 24 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 700|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online