HIDA Scan (A hepatobiliary iminodiacetic acid scan) is known as Cholescintigraphy or Hepatobiliary Scintigraphy. It is an imaging procedure used to diagnose the problems of the liver, gall bladder and bile ducts. More specifically it is used to evaluate your gallbladder, track the flow of bile through the biliary system into the small intestine and also look at the bile-excreting function of your liver.
Why it is used?
It is used to diagnose the given below conditions
* Acute/ Chronic Gallbladder inflammation (cholecystitis)
* Bile duct obstruction
* Biliary Atresia (Congenital abnormalities in the bile ducts)
* Postoperative complications, such as biliary leakage and fistulas
* Liver transplant assessment
What does the procedure look like?
A HIDA scan acronym for hepatobiliary iminodiacetic acid scan. It uses a very small amount of radioactive substances called radiotracers.
* The technician injects radiotracers into your bloodstream before the procedure.
* During the scan, you may get an intravenous injection of the drug sincalide (Kinevac), which makes your gallbladder contract and empty.
* Sometimes Morphine, another drug is also given to make the gallbladder easier to visualize.
* The radiotracer then travels through your liver, gallbladder and small intestines. It gives off energy in the form of gamma rays and special cameras are used to detect this energy.
* With the help of a computer, detailed pictures have been created that show how your organs and tissues evaluate their function.
How long does the scan take?
Usually, it takes 4 hours. But in some cases, you may need to return for additional 24 hrs delayed images.
Result of HIDA Scan
* Normal: The result is normal if the radioactive tracer moved freely with the bile from your liver into the gallbladder and small intestine.
* Slow movement of radioactive tracer: The result indicates a blockage or obstruction in liver function if the movement of the tracer is slow.
* No radioactive tracer seen in the gallbladder: The result indicates acute inflammation (acute cholecystitis) if the radioactive tracer in your gallbladder is not seen.
* Abnormally low gallbladder ejection fraction: The result indicates chronic inflammation if the amount of tracer leaving your gallbladder is low after you've been given a drug to make it empty.
* Radioactive tracer detected in other areas: The result indicates a leakage if a radioactive tracer is found outside of your biliary system.
Cost of HIDA Scan in Delhi
The Best quality HIDA Scan cost in Delhi typically ranges from INR 3,360 to INR 5,000 depending on the diagnostic centers. You are always suggested to reach the certified diagnostic center for quality scan with 100% accuracy of report, irrespective of cost.MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||HIDA Scan|
HIDA Scan (Nuclear Medicine)
Within 4-6 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 4800|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online