Mycobacterial illness can be presumptively diagnosed using the AFB stain. All suspected cases must have an AFB culture. Why is this examination suggested? Aids in the detection of infections brought on by Mycobacterium TB and other Mycobacterium species, as well as the monitoring of...
Mycobacterial illness can be presumptively diagnosed using the AFB stain. All suspected cases must have an AFB culture.
Aids in the detection of infections brought on by Mycobacterium TB and other Mycobacterium species, as well as the monitoring of treatment efficacy.
When tuberculosis is suspected, when TB screening test results are positive, when exposed to a person diagnosed with tuberculosis, etc.
When a person exhibits signs of tuberculosis, such as a persistent cough, weight loss, fever (evening rise in temperature), chills, appetite loss, swollen lymph nodes, and weakness. Whether the results of the TB screening test are positive and to evaluate how well the TB treatment is working.
Yes. Normal signs of an active tuberculosis infection include weight loss, appetite loss, fever, coughing, chills, etc. However, people can be asymptomatic if the tuberculosis infection is dormant. What other types of germs besides
MAC, Mycobacterium marinum, Mycobacterium fortuitum, Mycobacterium bovis, Nocardia species, etc., are examples of mycobacteria.
1. Make a smear of the specimen culture and heat fix it over blue heat on a clean, sterile microscopic slide.
2. Pour and flood the smear with carbon Fuschia, then heat it slowly until fumes appear.
3. Let it sit for five minutes, then rinse it off with gently running water from the faucet.
4. Add 20% sulfuric acid and wait a minute or two. Continue doing this until the smear turns pink.
5. Use water to rinse the acid off.
6. Cover the stain with methylene blue dye, let it sit for a few minutes, and then rinse it with water.
7. Let the stain air dry before checking it with an oil immersion lens.
If acid-fast bacilli (Mycobacterium) are discovered when the AFB smear is inspected under a microscope, it is reported as positive and graded following the RNTCP standards. Before declaring the AFB stain to be negative, at least 100 oil immersion fields are inspected.
|Test Type||Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) for AFB Stain|
Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) for AFB Stain (Pathology Test)
Within 24 hours*
Early check ups are always better than delayed ones. Safety, precaution & care is depicted from the several health checkups. Here, we present simple & comprehensive health packages for any kind of testing to ensure the early prescribed treatment to safeguard your health.