What is the Anti-TPO Test?
The anti-thyroperoxidase antibody (Anti-TPO) test measures anti thyroperoxidase antibodies in your blood.
Thyroid peroxidase (TPO) is a thyroid gland enzyme. It has something to do with thyroid hormone production. Anti-TPO antibodies target this enzyme. Thyroid tissue is ripped apart, and the thyroid gland is inflamed due to these antibodies. This is an autoimmune thyroid condition in which the immune system assaults the thyroid gland, causing it to malfunction. As a result, the test aids in diagnosing this condition and distinguishes it from other types of thyroid dysfunction.
• A doctor recommends this test to discover and diagnose an autoimmune illness of the thyroid gland. Thyroid antibodies (anti-TPO antibodies) are standard for autoimmune thyroid diseases.
• Also, this test is ordered when other thyroid tests, including TSH, Free T3, and T4, show thyroid malfunction or enlargement. Anti-TPO antibodies in the blood may also indicate Hashimoto's or Grave's disease.
• To identify chronic thyroiditis
• To detect subclinical hypothyroidism
• To find out whether you have Thyroid cancer.
You'll have blood extracted from an arm vein.
No preparation is required.
• Doctor prescription.
• A valid government ID.
Leave the dressing strip on for 15 minutes. No particular type of care is required.
The Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Antibody Test cost varies by region and facility. So constantly get tested at trustworthy diagnostic centers like Ganesh Diagnostic. It is staffed by trained and experienced professionals to assure patient and visitor safety.MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||Anti Thyroperoxidase Antibody|
Anti Thyroperoxidase Antibody (Anti-TPO) Test (Pathology Tests)
Within 24 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 1300|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online