During pregnancy, this test looks for alpha-fetoprotein in amniotic fluid. It is produced by the infant and enters the amniotic fluid. It will tell you if your baby has a specific health issue. The sample can detect an open neural tube defect in your baby, and a neural tube defect is spina bifida.
Amniocentesis is used to diagnose newborn problems. These are:
• Gene mutations cause genetic illnesses.
• Extra, missing, or defective chromosomes cause chromosome abnormalities which cause mental and physical issues.
• The exam can also check your baby's lung growth.
• A neural tube abnormality affects a baby's brain and spine development.
• Lie on your back.
• The doctor might numb your abdomen.
• The baby and uterus are both checked by ultrasound.
• Your doctor will use an ultrasound to obtain amniotic fluid.
• Your doctor will utilize ultrasound to check your baby's heartbeat shortly after that.
You might be instructed to keep a full bladder or empty it right before the treatment. A full bladder helps position the uterus for the test early in pregnancy. An empty bladder helps set the uterus for testing later in pregnancy.
• Doctor prescription.
• A government ID.
No particular type of care is required.
The AFP amniotic fluid test cost varies by region and facility. So constantly get tested at trustworthy diagnostic centers like Ganesh Diagnostic, and it is staffed by trained and experienced professionals to assure patient and visitor safety.MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||AFP Amniotic Fluid|
AFP Amniotic Fluid Test (Hormones Test)
Within 24 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 6600|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online