Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) stimulation testing determines how the adrenal glands respond to the hormone (ACTH). ACTH is a hormone generated by the pituitary gland that promotes the production of cortisol by the adrenal glands. The pituitary gland produces it.
When a low cortisol test result is obtained, the ACTH stimulation test may investigate the cause. Your healthcare provider may use it to help identify primary adrenal insufficiency (Addison disease) if they have reason to believe that your adrenal glands are not making enough cortisol.
• Your blood has been drained.
• ACTH is then injected into a shoulder muscle
• Once again, after 30 minutes or more, your blood is drawn for testing.
• For at least 10-12 hours before the blood sample collection, do not consume any food or drink like tea, coffee, juice, biscuits, etc.
• Please refrain from taking your morning medication (if any) before arriving at the laboratory for sample collection.
• No alcohol or nicotine for at least 24 hours before your health check.
• Menstrual women may receive specific instructions from their physicians regarding the timing of the sample collection.
• Doctor prescription.
No particular type of care is required.
The ACTH stimulation test cost varies by region and facility. So constantly get tested at trustworthy diagnostic centers like Ganesh Diagnostic. It is staffed by trained and experienced professionals to assure patient and visitor safety.MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||ACTH Stimulation For Progesterone 1|
ACTH Stimulation For Progesteron 1 Test (Pathology Tests)
Within 24 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 2600|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online