Porphyrins are naturally occurring substances that exist naturally in your body. They are crucial in many body activities. Porphyrins are elements that help make haemoglobin, a protein found in red blood cells. In your body, haemoglobin is a protein that transfers oxygen from your lungs.
• Porphyria urine test is used to determine the number of porphyrins present in your blood, urine, or stool.
• This test is if you have signs of porphyria or other disorders that can cause abnormal urine porphyrins.
• On day 1, urinate into the toilet as soon as you wake up and then collect the toilet for the next 24 hours in order to avoid transmission of disease.
• Day 2, go to the bathroom and urinate into the container you set out earlier that day
• During the collection period, secure the container tightly and store it in a cool location.
You should avoid excessive exercise and the following medicines and drugs for at least 24 hours before collecting the specimen:
• Vigorous activity
• Vitamin B
Note: Consult with your healthcare practitioner before discontinuing or changing any medications you are taking.
• Doctor prescriptions.
No particular type of care is required.
The porphyria urine test cost varies by region and facility. So constantly get tested at trustworthy diagnostic centers like Ganesh Diagnostic. It is staffed by trained and experienced professionals to assure patient and visitor safety.₹ 1725 3450 Pay Now Limited Offer
|Test Type||Porphyrins, 24 Hour Urine|
Porphyrins, 24 Hour Urine (Pathology Test)
Within 24 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 1725 ₹3450|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online
24X7 Free Ambulance Services in Delhi NCR. Emergency helpline, Contact to Ganesh Diagnostic & Imagine Centre, New Delhi 011 4744-4444