A lumbosacral spine x-ray is an imaging test is performed to view the anatomy of the lower back. It gives a clear picture of the lumbar vertebras (small bones) in the lower part of the spine. It includes the area that connects the spine to the pelvis (lumbar region and the sacrum)
Why is a Lumbosacral spine x-ray performed?
The most common reason, the doctor recommends a lumbosacral spine x-ray is to find the root cause of severe low back pain present in an older person that occurs after an injury and doesn’t go away after 4 to 8 weeks.
How is a Lumbosacral spine x-ray performed?
An X-Ray technologist will perform the X-ray.
* Special care will be taken to prevent further injury in case of injury diagnosis.
* The technologist will place the x-ray machine over the lower part of your spine.
* The technologist will ask you to hold your breath to take a clear picture.
* The technologist will ask you to lie on an X-Ray table in a different position for the lumbosacral spine x-ray.
How to prepare for a Lumbosacral spine x-ray?
* Inform the technologist, if you are pregnant.
* Remove jewellery/ metallic objects before the scan.
No special care is required
Cost of Lumbosacral spine x-ray
The cost of a Lumbosacral Spine X-Ray in Delhi charged by X-Ray Centres is approximately Rs 500 to 1000.MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||X-Ray Lumbosacral Spine|
X-Ray Lumbosacral Spine (Digital X-Ray)
Within 2-3 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 700|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online