Amylase blood tests evaluate the digestive enzyme amylase levels. This test may be ordered if you have abdominal pain, fever, jaundice, vomiting, or discomfort in the belly.
A high level of amylase in the body may indicate a pancreatic problem. The Amylase test can detect ectopic pregnancy, pancreatic inflammation, and severe pancreatitis in pregnant women. High blood amylase levels can indicate chronic pancreatitis or ectopic pregnancy. Liver diseases and cystic fibrosis cause low levels.
• For diagnosing acute and chronic pancreatitis.
• To detect pancreatic cysts, pseudocysts, and abscesses.
• To diagnose pancreatic duct obstruction.
• To identify digestive system disorders such as peptic ulcers, infections, and appendicitis.
• To diagnose specific types of cancers, such as pancreatic cancer.
• For monitoring pancreatic disease treatment
The lab Technician will provide details about the Serum Amylase Test procedure.
No preparation is needed.
• Doctor prescription.
• A valid government ID.
No care is required.
The Serum Amylase test cost varies by region and facility. So, get tested at trustworthy diagnostic centres like Ganesh Diagnostic. It is staffed by trained and experienced professionals to assure patient and visitor safety.MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||Serum Amylase|
Serum Amylase Test (Biochemistry Test)
Within 24 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 450|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online