The hepatitis B surface antibody test is used to determine if someone has the hepatitis B virus (HBV). This test looks for antibodies that have been made in response to the protein on the virus's surface. Infection in the past and a history of immunity or immunity from a Hep B vaccine are signs of a positive test. This virus is usually found in the liver. If it gets there, it can cause liver damage, scarring, and cirrhosis.
You might get this test from your doctor to see if you've had the virus before or if your vaccine worked. It's also a good idea to watch how well HepB treatment is working.
• Surface Antibody Test: This is done to see if you have Hepatitis B.
• Hepatitis B virus can spread when there are risk factors for it.
• Hepatitis can cause jaundice and high levels of alanine aminotransferase that don't make sense. If this happens, you should visit the hospital.
• In people who are taking chemotherapy, treatment can help.
• Medicines that make the body less able to fight off infections can be taken.
• People who have Hepatitis B are still getting treatment.
• In case the doctor wants to give you a vaccine against Hepatitis B, this is what you need to do.
You'll have blood extracted from an arm vein.
No preparation is needed.
• Doctor prescription.
• A valid government ID.
No particular type of care is required.
The Hepatitis Bs (Surface) Antibody Test cost varies by region and facility. So constantly get tested at trustworthy diagnostic centers like Ganesh Diagnostic. It is staffed by trained and experienced professionals to assure patient and visitor safety.₹ 800 400 Pay Now Limited Offer
HbsAb Test (Serology Tests)
Within 24 hours*
|Test Price:||₹800 ₹ 400|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online
24X7 Free Ambulance Services in Delhi NCR. Emergency helpline, Contact to Ganesh Diagnostic & Imagine Centre, New Delhi 011 4744-4444