Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary study is a nuclear medicine imaging that is used to evaluate the parts of the biliary system such as the liver, gallbladder, and bile ducts. It uses a very small amount of radioactive material to give a clear image for precise diagnoses and evaluation of various gastrointestinal diseases. It helps the doctor in finding the disease in its earliest stages.
Why is a Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary study performed?
* To evaluate gastrointestinal disorders that affect cells of the liver, biliary system duct and the gallbladder.
* To diagnose abdominal pain because of a sudden inflammation of the gallbladder
* If having Pain following the surgery of the upper gastrointestinal tract
* If having pain following the surgery of gallbladder
* In case of blockage in the ducts that carry bile from the liver to the gallbladder
How is a Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary study performed?
Nuclear medicine Radiologist will explain the whole procedure.
How one can prepare for a Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary study?
* You will get detailed instructions to make the procedure easy and stress-free for you before undergoing the scan.
* Fasting of minimum 6-8hours required for the scan.
* Avoid any scan that uses barium for 48hours before the exam.
* Notify your doctor in case you are pregnant/ breastfeeding/ taking medicine/ have an allergy
* You will be asked to remove the jewellery as it may interrupt the scan and change the clothes into a patient gown for the scanning procedure.
Medical history is required.
Cost of the Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary study in Delhi
The cost of a Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary study near me in Delhi ranges from INR to INRMAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary Study|
Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary Study (Nuclear Medicine)
Within 4-6 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 4500|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online