DMSA scan is a renal scan under nuclear medicine. It uses a radioactive chemical i.e. Dimercapto Succinic Acid, to create images of the kidneys for evaluating their health of kidney. It is used to evaluate the function and the structural abnormalities of the kidneys such as size, shape and position of kidneys. It is used to detect scarring caused by frequent infections, and to know whether the kidneys are damaged or not. It is recommended for children with UTI problems.
Why is DMSA Scan performed?
* To diagnose any underlying infections.
* To track the efficacy of the kidney treatments
* To assess if there is any rejection of a kidney transplant
* To look for evidence of damage to the kidneys from previous infections
* To look for evidence of an active infection
* To diagnose the acute kidney failure
* To diagnose the renal function
* To diagnose renal ectopia
How is DMSA Scan performed?
Nuclear medicine radiologists will explain the complete step-by-step procedure of DMSA Scan.
How one can prepare for DMSA Scan?
* Inform your doctor/radiologist/technician if you are allergic to anything
* inform the doctor/radiologist/technician if you are pregnant/breastfeeding
* Remove metallic objects before the scan such as metallic jewellery, piercing, hairpins, wrist watch, spectacles, dentures etc.
Cost of the DMSA Scan in Delhi
The cost of a DMSA Scan near me in Delhi ranges from INR 5500 to INR 8500.MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||DMSA Scan|
Dimercapto Succinic Acid (DMSA) Scan (Nuclear Medicine)
Within 6-8 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 6000|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online