CECT Cervical Spine
A CECT cervical spine (Contrast-Enhanced Computed Tomography of Cervical Spine). It is an imaging procedure used to obtain clear images of the cervical spine. For this scan, contrast media is used. Doctors prescribe for CECT Cervical Spine in various conditions such as chronic neck pain, herniated disk, fractures, spinel infection, and cervical spine injury. It is also important in measuring bone density and detecting the development of arthritis/osteoporosis.
Why is CECT Cervical Spine performed?
- * To determine the root cause of unexplained neck pain
- * To find out the root cause of unexplained upper back pain
- * To detect bone fractures that are not visible on an x-ray
- * To detect bone inflammations/ bone infections that are not visible on an X-ray
- * To diagnose a herniated disk
- * To detect malformations during the development of the spine in children
- * To detect any infection, injury or inflammation to the muscle, and ligaments of the cervical spine
- * To diagnose suspected infection
- * To diagnose osteoporosis
- * To diagnose abnormal growth of the bones
- * To diagnose arthritis
What is the procedure for CECT Cervical Spine?
CT radiologist will explain the procedure for CECT Cervical Spine.
How can I prepare for CECT Cervical Spine?
- * If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, notify your doctor/radiologist/technician about it as CECT Cervical Spine is not performed on pregnant women
- * If you are breastfeeding, or taking medicine, notify the doctor/radiologist/technician for special instructions
- * Get the KFT test done 7 days before the scan to assess the function of the kidney and to ensure safety from any kind of allergy due to contrast media.
- * You may ask to do fasting for 4-6 hours before the scan.
Cost of CECT Cervical Spine
The cost of CECT Cervical Spine near me in Delhi ranges from INR 6000 to INR 8000.
MAKE A PAYMENT
BOOK TEST SAMPLE