Color Doppler whole abdomen is a type of ultrasonography (USG) done for assessment of abdominal blood flow through arteries and veins.
What is Whole Abdomen Color Doppler?
Color Doppler whole abdomen is a type of ultrasonography (USG) done for assessment of abdominal blood flow through arteries and veins. It also helps in identification and evaluation of conditions such as abdominal masses, abnormalities in liver, gallbladder, kidneys, spleen and pancreas.
It is a fast, painless, non-invasive and safe technique for mapping blood flow through your abdomen. Color doppler or color flow doppler uses sound waves which are reflected by moving blood cells such as RBCs. These reflected sound waves are captured by ultrasound machine and converted into different colors using a computer, demonstrating real time speed and direction of blood flow, flow turbulence and patency of blood vessels.
It is indicated for screening, diagnosis and evaluation of many conditions affecting abdominal organs and pathologies of vascular origin especially aortic aneurysms.
Why do I need a whole abdomen color doppler?
Your doctor may order a whole abdomen color Doppler scan for the screening, identification, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of various diseases and disorders including:
1) Aneurysms of blood vessels especially Aortic aneurysms
2) Thrombosis or blood clots
3) Stenosis or narrowing of blood vessels
4) Vascular malformations
5) Injury to blood vessels
6) Defective valves in Veins
7) Venous insufficiency
8) Arterial occlusion
9) Atheromatous plaque
10) Vascular compression
11) To analyze blood supply of tumors
12) Vascular invasion by tumor
13) Sickle cell disease
14) In Stroke patients
15) Post-operative monitoring of blood flow
17) Arteriovenous fistula
18) IBD (Inflammatory bowel disease) or Crohn disease
21) Ileal or Ilio-colonic disease
22) Intestinal thickening
23) Intestinal ischemia
24) Intestinal hyperemia
25) Intestinal stricture
26) Intestinal necrosis
27) Abdominal masses
28) Abnormalities of liver, gall bladder, pancreases, kidneys and spleen.
How do I prepare for whole abdomen color doppler?
Follow these simple steps if you are going for a whole abdomen color doppler scan:
1) Take an appointment- Schedule your appointment in a diagnostic center having the facility of whole abdomen Color Doppler ultrasound.
2) Fasting- 7-8 hours fasting is required before color doppler scan of whole abdomen.
3) Clothing- Wear loose and comfortable clothes so that your body part which is being scanned can be assessed easily.
4) Hygiene- Maintain hygiene and do not apply oils, creams or cosmetics over the area which need to be scanned.
6) Smoking/Tobacco- Avoid smoking or tobacco chewing before the test as nicotine in these substances may case vasoconstriction which may alter the test results.
7) Reports- Carry your relevant medical and lab reports while going for Color doppler scan. These may help in better evaluation of your condition.
What is the procedure for whole abdomen color doppler?
The procedure for whole abdomen Color Doppler scan may involve the following steps:
1) Before the scan begins you need to remove ornaments and clothes from your body to expose the abdominal region .
2) You will be then asked to lie on the examination table.
3) A technician may then measure your Blood pressure.
4) Your Radiologist will then apply a special gel/lubricant over different quadrant of abdomen for the smooth gliding of probe over it.
5) Then a transducer/probe will be moved over different quadrants of your abdomen region which sends high frequency sound waves to the body. These sound waves are reflected by the moving blood cells such RBCs and are recorded by the ultrasound machine and converted into images or graphs of different colors depicting the blood flow pattern, direction and speed of blood flow in real time. These images will be interpretated to evaluate your condition.
6) At the end of scan, tissue paper will be provided to clean the gel/lubricant from the skin surface.
7) You will be allowed to leave once the scan is over.
What happens after a whole abdomen color doppler?
Whole Abdomen Colour Doppler test usually takes about 30-40 minutes. However, it may lasts longer depending the severity of condition and the associated co-morbid conditions. You will be allowed to leave immediately after the test.
Color doppler scan of whole abdomen doesn’t use ionizing radiations and is safe in pregnancy too.
After the procedure got over, your Radiologist will analyze the result and make a diagnosis of your condition. You will get the results on the same day. Your report will be evaluated by your physician or surgeon to make a proper management plan of your condition.
What is the cost of whole abdomen color doppler?
Whole abdomen color doppler price generally vary with city and location. Various diagnostic and imaging centers charges differently according to the quality of services they provide and the offers currently availing in them. Colour Doppler sonography charges also vary with the body part which need to be examined.
Color Doppler test is an advanced screening and diagnostic and monitoring tool that is available at limited diagnostic centers as it requires costly and modern equipments along with trained Radiologists to perform the scan.
To Choose the best diagnostic center in Delhi for color doppler scan. Click here!
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) is now offering 50% discount on all types of Color Doppler ultrasound.
You can now avail Color Doppler Whole Abdomen at just
For more details, Click here!
Which diagnostic center is best for whole abdomen color doppler?
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) is the best diagnostic center for Color Doppler Ultrasound of whole abdomen in Rohini, Delhi.
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center is now considered one of the most popular and affordable Diagnostic center in Delhi. We have many branches in different locations of Delhi, NCR. We provide high standard quality services to our patients. Genuine reporting and Patient satisfaction is our top priority.
Different types of Doppler ultrasound facility is also available at our center including:
1) Color Doppler
2) Spectral Doppler
3) Power Doppler
4) Pulsed wave Doppler
5) Duplex ultrasound
6) Continuous wave Doppler.
Why choose Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center for doppler ultrasound?
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging Center is a NABH and NABL accredited top diagnostic center situated in ROHINI and various other locations of Delhi. It is equipped with modern, highly expensive machines with latest cutting-edge technologies and highly skilled Radiologists and Pathologists.
Currently, we are offering 50% discount on all types of Color Doppler ultrasound.
We are open 24*7 and 365 days. Get Free online or direct consultation and Clear your doubts with our Senior Radiologist, Dr. Ravin Sharma (MBBS, MD Radiodiagnosis) regarding any imaging and scanning procedure.
We offer facilities of online reporting, free home sample collection and free Ambulance services in Delhi, NCR. We are also empanelled with various departments and organizations. So you can get the services at panel rate too.
For more details visit your nearest Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) today or Call us now!
Hurry! Grab the best deals now!
To avail free online consultation with Radiologist. Click here!
To know more about our services. Click here!
To know details about Color Doppler scan. Click here!