Serum Uric Acid Test is a blood test that measures the amount of uric acid in your blood which is a nitrogenous compound formed as a by-product of metabolic activities and eliminated by the kidneys. A high level of uric acid concentration in the blood leads to crystal formation in joints and risk factors for chronic kidney disease.
Why is Serum Uric Acid Test done?
The Serum Uric Acid Test is performed:
* To diagnose gout
* To monitor the efficacy of medication to lower the level of uric acid.
* To assess the kidney stone risks.
* To evaluate the root cause of recurrent kidney stones.
* To diagnose kidney disorders.
* If you have symptoms such as joint pain, joint swelling, warm joints, and shiny skin around joints.
Preparation of Serum Uric Acid Test
The doctor will guide you if any specific preparation is required for the test.
Result of Serum Uric Acid Test
The normal level of uric acid in Adult Females is 2.4 to 6.0 mg/dL, in Adult Male is 3.4 to 7.0 mg/dL and in Children is 2.0 to 5.5 mg/dL.
A Higher Uric Acid level than normal levels is called Hyperuricemia and it can be because of kidney diseases, gout, chemotherapy, or radiotherapy treatment.
Cost of Serum Uric Acid Test
The cost of a Serum Uric Acid Test near me in Delhi ranges from INR 150 to INR 210.MAKE A PAYMENT BOOK TEST SAMPLE
|Test Type||Serum Uric Acid|
Serum Uric Acid Test (Pathology Tests)
Within 24 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 160|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online