HRCT chest also known as High-resolution computed tomography of chest or HRCT lungs or HRCT thorax is a modified version of CT scan in which very thin slices of cross-sectional images of chest/lungs are obtained.
What is HRCT Chest/Thorax/Lungs scan?
HRCT chest also known as High-resolution computed tomography of chest or HRCT lungs or HRCT thorax is a modified version of CT scan in which very thin slices of cross-sectional images of chest/lungs are obtained. It is an advanced tool in radio-imaging that provide exquisite details of lungs.
It is used for the diagnosis and evaluation of many lung and airways disorders especially idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and pneumoconiosis. It delineate the anatomical details of lungs and airways for better identification and assessment of various pathologies affecting lung parenchyma, alveoli and airways specially smaller ones.
It is done using a conventional CT scanner with some modifications in imaging parameters.
Advantages of HRCT over traditional CT scan includes:
1) Higher spatial resolution image reconstruction.
2) Very thin slices of cross-sectional images of lungs, usually 1-2mm obtained.
3) Fine details of lungs obtained.
4) Much precise localization of lesions.
What are the uses/purpose of a chest HRCT scan?
HRCT chest test can be used for identification, localization, diagnosis, management and monitoring in a variety of disorders affecting airways and lungs including:
1) Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
2) Chronic infiltrative lung diseases
3) Acute and sub-acute lung diseases
5) Diffuse bronchiolitis
6) Bronchiolitis obliterans
7) Cystic lung diseases
9) Congenital pulmonary abnormalities
10) Bronchial rupture or dehiscence
11) Bronchial fistula
12) Inflammatory/Infectious disorders of airways
13) Inflammatory/Infectious disorders of lungs
14) Lung tumours
15) Tumours affecting airways
16) Occupational lung diseases/Pneumoconiosis such as Asbestosis, coal worker’s pneumoconiosis, silicosis etc.
17) Idiopathic interstitial pneumonia
18) Diffuse alveolar injury
19) Drug reactions
20) Interstitial lung diseases
22) Chronic pulmonary vascular diseases
23) Lung sarcoidosis
24) LAM (Lymphangioleiomyomatosis)
25) Lymphangitis carcinomatosis
26) Atypical or fungal infections of lungs or airways
27) Lung involvement in COVID-19
29) Lung nodules of varying etiology
30) Distant metastases
31) To guide biopsy procedures.
How do I prepare for a chest HRCT scan?
Follow these steps if you are going for HRCT scan of lungs/chest:
1) Get an appointment- Fix an appointment in a Diagnostic center having the facility of HRCT chest as it is available in limited centers.
2) Food and medications - You can take your meals and medications as usual unless otherwise specified by your health care professional. No fasting is required for HRCT.
3) Clothing - Wear clothes as comfortable as possible and that are easy to put on and off.
4) Inform your Doctor about all medications and supplements that you are currently taking.
5) Pregnancy and breastfeeding - Tell your Doctor about pregnancy if you are pregnant or if you breastfeed your baby so that your Doctor can evaluate the risk vs benefit ratio.
6) Implants - Inform your doctor about any implant in your body such as cardiac implant, inner ear implants, metallic dentures, neurostimulators or any type of hearing aids etc.
7) Claustrophobia and anxiety - If you have claustrophobia or anxiety disorder then don’t hesitate to tell your Doctor about it. He may give you sedative or some alternatives to help overcome this while performing test.
8) Medical reports- Don’t forget to carry all relevant medical, lab reports and any special instruction given by your physician along with you while going for HRCT scan. These reports may aid in better evaluation of your condition.
9) Take a company - Get accompanied by friend or family member to have mental and emotional support.
What is the procedure for HRCT chest scan/test?
The procedure of HRCT scan chest/thorax/lungs includes the following steps:
1) Before the procedure begins, you need to sign written consent.
2) You will be asked to remove all the metallic elements like jewellry, hearing aids, metallic hair clips, metallic underwired bras, wallets, keys, coins, cards containing metallic strips, belts, goggles etc.
3) In HRCT procedure no contrast dye is given to you.
4) You will be then asked to change your clothes and wear a gown provided by the technician assisting the procedure.
5) You may be provided with head phones or ear plugs to make you feel more comfortable.
6) If you have Claustrophobia or anxiety disorder, then you may be given sedatives or some other alternatives to make you feel comfortable during the scan. CT scanner is equipped with microphone and speakers for two-way communications.
7) Then you will be asked to lie on examination table which will slide and place you inside the scanner.
8) According to the disease suspected on other imaging techniques, HRCT scan may be done in both inspiration and expiration. You will be given instructions as when to breath and when to hold your breath during the procedure.
9) You may be asked to lie in supine position if expiratory HRCT is being conducted or prone position if Inspiratory HRCT is being conducted.
10) You need to lie still during the procedure as body movements may interfere with the quality of images produced.
11) Your Radiologist will take several images to evaluate the underlying pathology and at the end these images will be interpretated for making a definite diagnosis.
What happens after a HRCT Chest scan?
* You will be allowed to exit the scanner room once the procedure is over.
* HRCT scanning usually takes about 15-30minutes. However, it may last longer depending upon the severity of your illness and associated co-morbid conditions.
* HRCT is non-invasive, fast and painless and safe technique. Also, no intravenous contrast agent is used in the procedure.
* You can resume your daily activities following HRCT test and eat as usual.
* You will get reports on the next day. However, you may get the image films on the same day if requested by your Clinician.
* These reports will be then evaluated by your Clinician to make a proper management plan of your condition.
HRCT chest price in Delhi?
Cost of HRCT scan generally vary with city and location. Various diagnostic and imaging centers charges differently according to the quality of machines they provide and the offers currently availing in them. HRCT scan charges also vary with the body part which need to be examined.
HRCT test is an advanced diagnostic and monitoring tool that is available at limited diagnostic centers as it requires costly and modern equipments and skilled Radiologists to perform the scan.
To choose the best diagnostic center for HRCT scan in Delhi. Click here!
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) is now offering 50% discount on all types of CT scan test including HRCT, NCCT, CECT, PET-CT etc.
HRCT chest/thorax/lungs test prices in Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) Delhi are as following:
For more details, Click here!
Which diagnostic center is best for HRCT Chest in North-East Delhi?
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) is the best diagnostic center for HRCT chest scan in Rohini, North-East Delhi.
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center is now considered one of the most popular and affordable Diagnostic center in Delhi. We provide high standard quality services to our patients. Our centers are equipped with latest and modern machines with cutting-edge technologies. Genuine reporting and Patient satisfaction is our top priority. We offer seamless integration between diagnosis and treatment planning.
We are also having the facility of different types of CT scan chest including:
2) Plain CT /NCCT scan
3) CECT (contrast enhanced CT) scan
4) CT perfusion imaging such as CT angiography and CT venography
5) PET CT scan etc.
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) is now offering 50% discount on all types of CT scan.
To book your appointment now. Click here!
Why choose Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center for HRCT scan?
Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging Center is a NABH and NABL accredited top diagnostic center situated in ROHINI and various other locations of Delhi. It is equipped with modern, highly expensive machines with latest cutting-edge technologies and highly skilled Radiologists and Pathologists.
Currently, we are offering 50% discount on all types CT scan.
We are open 24*7 and 365 days. You can also get free online/offline Consultation with our Senior Radiologist, Dr. Ravin Sharma (MBBS, MD Radiodiagnosis) regarding any imaging and scanning procedure.
We also offer facilities of online reporting, free home sample collection and free Ambulance services in Delhi, NCR. We are also empanelled with various departments and organizations. So, you can get the services at panel rate too.
For more details visit your nearest Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging center (GDIC) today or Call us now!
Hurry! Grab the best deals now!