The 24-hour urinary aldosterone excretion test or aldosterone test examines the amount of aldosterone excreted in the urine throughout 24 hours.
The test is performed to determine the amount of aldosterone excreted in your urine. Aldosterone is a hormone produced by the adrenal gland that assists the kidneys in maintaining a proper balance of salt, water, and potassium.
High levels of aldosterone can be caused by:
• Diuretic abuse
• Cirrhosis of the liver
• Adrenal gland issues, including aldosterone-producing tumours
• Heart Failure
Low levels may indicate Addison disease, a hormonal imbalance caused by abnormally adrenal glands.
Here's how the collection procedure works:
• On day 1, urinate into the toilet when you get up in the morning.
• On day 2, urinate into the container when you get up in the morning.
• Afterwards, collect all urine in a particular container for the next 24 hours.
• Cap the container. Keep it in the refrigerator or a cool place during the collection period.
Medications to avoid for 24 hours before collection include:
• BP drugs
• Heart drugs
• NSAIDs (NSAIDs)
• Anti-ulcer drugs
• H2o pills (diuretics)
• Doctor prescription.
• A copy of a valid government-issued identification card with the address is required.
No particular care is required.
The aldosterone urine test price varies by region and facility. So constantly get tested at trustworthy diagnostic centres like Ganesh Diagnostic. It is staffed by trained and experienced professionals to assure patient and visitor safety.₹ 1600 Pay Now Limited Offer
|Test Type||Aldosterone, 24 Hour Urine|
Aldosterone, 24 Hour Urine Test (Hormones Test)
Within 24 hours*
|Test Price:||₹ 1600|
100% Safe & Hygienic
View Report Online
24X7 Free Ambulance Services in Delhi NCR. Emergency helpline, Contact to Ganesh Diagnostic & Imagine Centre, New Delhi 011 4744-4444