28 Oct 2022
A significant majority of the plain-film examinations performed on the abdomen are comprised of radiographs of the abdominal region that were obtained. At the same time, the patient’s body was in the supine position.
This View is Useful in Assessing:
* Neoplastic changes
* Bowel obstruction
* Bowel fluid level
* Abdominal pathology
* Renal colic
* Distended abdomen
* Abdominal pain
* Review of Post op. cases
* Abdominal trauma
* Abdominal aortic stent
* No preparation is needed. You should wear loose-fitting clothing.
* Notify x-ray technologist about your pregnancy. If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant at the time of procedure.
* If we are going for the scout of abdominal supine x-ray, then used laxative and purgative and take a soft diet for bowel preparation.
* The patient is supine lying on his or her back on the x-ray table.
* Patients need to change into a hospital gown, with radiopaque items such as belts, zippers, buttons removed
* The patient must be free from rotation; both shoulders and hips half way from the table
* The x-ray is taken with full inspiration
- This causes the diaphragm to contract, hence compressing the abdominal organs, allowing all abdominal contents to be visualized on a single image
- AP projection
- Cantering point
* The mid-sagittal plane, equidistant from each anterior superior iliac spine (ASIS) at the level of the iliac crest
* laterally to the lateral abdominal wall
* superior to the diaphragm
* inferior to the inferior pubic rami
- Detector size
* 35 cm x 43 cm
* 30-120 mAs; AEC should be used if available
- 100 cm
If you are looking for an X-Ray diagnostic centre for X-RAY KUB for you or your family member, then get it done in the best and world-class diagnostic centre in Delhi. GDIC( Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging Centre) is one of the top-rated diagnostic centres and pathology lab, offers world-class, convenient, reliable diagnostic services with the accuracy of reports to our customers. To schedule an appointment or to know further, contact us today!