27 Oct 2022
The radiography procedure is conducted with the patient erect or supine. For the procedure, a large cassette is selected to include the whole of the ribs on the side being examined from the level of the 7th cervical vertebra to the lower costal margin.
* To separate a pulmonary or mediastinal mass or opacity from structures that overlie it on the PA and lateral views.
* To study the lesions that are visible in the PA view but not in the lateral view.
* No preparation is needed. You should wear loose-fitting clothing.
* Notify the X-Ray technician in the case of a pregnancy
* In an upright or sitting position
* Adjust the coronal plan to 45 degrees
* Top of the cassette 2 inches above the shoulder
* The shoulder nearest to the cassette is rolled posteriorly and the hand is placed on the hip.
* The other hand is placed on top of the cassette holder.
* Centre the thorax to the cassette and exposed it to full inspiration.
* Both obliques may be taken (right anterior oblique/ left posterior oblique)
Technical factor and center point
* Perpendicular to the image receptor or cassette
* Centre at the level of T-7th vertebrae or lower border of the scapulae.
14 x 17 inches (30 x 40 cm) crosswise or lengthwise, depending on the patient’s physique
Landscape or portrait
If you or your loved ones has been prescribed a Chest X-Ray oblique view (right/left , Then call us for appointment at your near by GDIC( Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging Centre). We provide best-in-class, convenient service at our state-of-the-art diagnostic centres in Rohini, Nangloi, Hari Nagar, Yamuna Vihar, Derawal Nagar, Budh Vihar and Mangolpuri.