26 Oct 2022
This technique may be used to demonstrate right lobe collapse or an interlobar pleural effusion. The patient is positioned to bring the middle lobe fissure horizontally.
* To evaluate the suspiciousness within the lung's apices.
* A tumor ( small mass behind the clavicle or ribs )
* No preparation is needed. You should wear loose-fitting clothing.
* Inform the X-Ray technician before procedure in case of pregnancy.
* With the patient in the position for the anteroposterior(AP) projection, the central ray is angled 30 degrees cephalad towards the sternal angle. But in case, the patient is not able to recline 30 degrees, then technique is implemented with the patient reclining 15 degrees and the tube angled 15 degrees cephalad.
* With the patient in the position for the postero-anterior(PA) projection, the central ray is angled 30 degrees caudally towards the process of 7th cervical spinous coincident with the sternal angle.
Technical factor and center point
• * The horizontal ray is directed towards the middle of the film at right angles to the cassette
- * Film size:
The size of film is 14 x 17 inches (30 x 40 cm). Depending on the patient’s physique it will be crosswise or lengthwise.
Landscape or portrait
1. 100-110 kVp
2. 4-12 mAs
- * SID
- * Grid
X-rays play a significant role globally in the diagnosis of chest-related issues. If your doctor has advised you to undergo a Chest X-Ray Lordotic view (chest axial view), then feel free to get in touch with us at GDIC( Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging Centre. Our team is committed to a common goal to achieve patient care by providing effective diagnostic reports with 100% accuracy. To schedule your appointment with us for your diagnostic procedure, contact us.