26 Oct 2022
A chest lateral decubitus x-ray is a radiograph of the thoracic cavity to assess the volume of pleural fluid and loculated pleural effusion or mobile.
The physician will recommend that you undergo this examination to identify any minimal pleural effusion or its mobility. Especially we are doing this view to obtain the following:
* Suspected Minimal pleural effusion either on the right or left side of thoracic
* No preparation is needed. You should wear loose-fitting clothing.
* Inform X-Ray Technician/ Radiologist/Doctor in the case of a pregnancy.
* To obtain with the patient lying on their side, for Pneumothorax the side of interest should be up and for pleural effusion, the side of interest should be down.
* The patients are lying down in a lateral position facing toward the x-ray tube and the image receptor are placed on the back side of the thorax.
* Both legs are flexed forward using a cushion to stabilize the position.
* The arms of the patient are extended over the head to prevent overlapping the sternum.
* The patient is instructed to breathe out and hold while the exposure is taken.
Chest lateral decubitus(right or left side)
For a lateral projection, the chest landmark used for locating the center of the lung fields is at the T7 level (mid-thorax) or IR passing mid of the sternum
* Film size:
The film size is 14 x 17 inches (30 x 40 cm) crosswise or lengthwise, depending on the physique of the patient.
Landscape or portrait
1. 100-110 kVp
2. 4-12 mAs
X-ray is commonly used imaging procedure. It is used to diagnose the problems/issues related to the chest. Suppose the doctor has suggested an X-ray chest lateral decubitus view, Then for cost-effective, satisfactory diagnosis with 100% accuracy. In that case, you can count on NABH accredited Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging Centre(GDIC).
Featuring advanced and state-of-the-art technology, Our diagnostic centres in Delhi NCR at Rohini, Derawal Nagar, Hari Nagar, Yamuna Vihar, Nangloi, and their nearby areas provide 100% accurate x-rays test results in a quick and customer-friendly manner.
If you need Chest X-Ray lateral decubitus view to diagnose the issues and injury, schedule your appointment with GDIC. For an appointment call us at